The 8(a) Direct Award vehicle provides agencies a simplified and shortened acquisition procedure:
- Reduced decision cycle: the time required to award an 8(a) sole source contract is usually within days.
- Lowered administrative costs: procurement process and time is reduced to a minimum.
- Prices reflecting the best value: agency negotiates with the firm directly to get the best value.
- Credit for promoting small business participation within agency.
- Can initiate a contract with a simple high level statement of work.
Steps to Establish 8(a) Sole Source Contract with RISA:
- The Government program manager or interested party develops a statement of work, prepares a government estimate, and obtains the necessary funding.
- The Government program manager or interested party chooses RISA to perform the work and submits a procurement request to the agency contracting officer.
- The agency contracting officer prepares and submits an “Offer Letter” to RISA’s SBA Business Development Specialist, Mr. Rabon Lewis, Aimee.Perez@sba.gov
U.S. Small Business Administration
Attn: Ms. Aimee Perez
South Florida District Office
100 S. Biscayne Blvd., 7th Floor Miami, FL 33131
4. SBA processes the Offer Letter and returns it to the agency contracting officer who submits the Statement of Work and Request for Proposal or Quotation to RISA.
5. RISA submits the proposal which is evaluated and negotiated (if necessary) by the agency.
6. The contract is awarded to RISA.